Are you considering becoming a Union Cement Mason Apprentice?
Be 18 years or older at the time of application
Have an original valid ID and Social Security Card
Willing to learn and get paid by the contractor that is training you directly on the construction project.
Willing to enroll and complete a 3 year apprenticeship program and attend school twice a month on Saturdays.
Process For Getting Indentured:
1. Call and make an appointment with any of our area office closes to you to start the initial application. Applications are done once a week on Wednesday from 8am appointment.
2. Arrive at least 10 minutes early the day of your appointment. Make sure to have your original valid ID and Social Security Card. You will also be ask for the name and social of the beneficiary that is at least 18 years of age. This person will be getting the death assessment money in the event you pass away.
3. Complete the initial application. The business representative or agent for the union will go over the application, general overview, wages, tools required.
4. You will then be given an L.O.S. (Letter of Subscription) and a list of signatory contractors. Once you find a contractor willing to train you. Have the contractor fill out the L.O.S. and bring back to the union office to complete the remainder of the paperwork to complete the apprentice program enrollment.
5. Union initiation and dues will be collected and the required tools you need to go to work and for training at the apprentice school will be check to make sure it is in good working condition.
6. A job dispatch will be given to you to begin working for the contractor. Make sure you have a work dispatch before you work.
Question: Is there a testing process and oral interview to get into the program?
Answer: There is no testing process and no oral interview with the union to get into the apprenticeship program. You just need to find a contractor to sign the L.O.S. given to you at the initial application process.